e-flux Conversations has been closed to new contributions and will remain online as an archive. Check out our new platform for short-form writing, e-flux Notes.

e-flux conversations

Exhibition Tour: Berlin Biennial 9 at Akademie der Künste

Anna Uddenberg

Here are some of our favorite works from Berlin Biennial 9: The Present in Drag at Akademie der Künste. Over the next few days, we’ll post more images of our favorite works from the biennial’s various locations. For more information about the biennial, opening tonight, see the Berlin Biennial website.

Timur Si-Qin

Timur Si-Qin

Timur Si-Qin (detail)

Timur Si-Qin

Marile Mul and Timur Si-Qin (below)

Centre for Style

Centre for Style

Centre for Style

Ryan Trecartin and Lizzie Fitch

Ryan Trecartin and Lizzie Fitch

Christopher Kulendran Thomas

Christopher Kulendran Thomas

M/L Artspace

M/L Artspace

Anna Uddenberg

Anna Uddenberg

Anna Uddenberg

Anna Uddenberg

TELFAR / Babak Radboy / Ashland Mines

Débora Delmar Corp

Bjarne Melgaard

Calla Henkel and Max Pitegoff

Ei Arakawa

Jon Rafman

Jon Rafman

“Centre for Style” with a lot of (non-specific) artist names were given as per Berlin Biennale.

Hi, I’m Natasha Madden, I collaborated with Rare Candy on this show in the ADK. I can confirm that the work has been credited wrong. The skirts are actually the work of Rare Candy and Ander Rennick. The chairs are the work of Liam Osborne. The sleeping mannequin work is by Susan Cianciolo.

Full list of accreditation here:
Centre for Style in collaboration with Anna-Sophie Berger; Burkhard Beschow & Anne Fellner; Max Brand; Rare Candy with Alden Epp, Spencer Lai, Natasha Madden, Misty Pollen, Ander Rennick & Amber Wright; Susan Cianciolo; Marlie Mul; Liam Osborne; H.B. Peace & Kate Meakin; Joshua Petherick; Lin May Saeed; Eirik Sæther. The map of artists and contributing works are labelled in the space.
The skirts are by Rare Candy and Ander Rennick. The chairs are the work of Liam Osborne. The sleeping mannequin work is by Susan Cianciolo.